One of the best looks to create with your makeup is one that does not require a ton of makeup to apply. By using your natural good looks paired with a catchy eye makeup technique such as the winged eyeliner look, you can be dressed and ready in no time at all. And as it is with all makeup application, practice makes perfect! So try these steps below and you will be on your way to showing off a new look with liquid liner.
Many people do find that learning how to use liquid eyeliner can be a little tricky at first. It takes a steady hand and a little more time to draw your lines on your eyes to get it just right without smudging or smearing.
- Choose the right makeup. By purchasing something like the CoverGirl Lineexact Liquid Eyeliner, you can get a pack of 2 for $12. This should fit into most people’s budget’s today. It comes with an exact tip which allows you to create both a bold or fine line depending on your pressure and angel. It is fast drying and smudge proof and will last all day. It is perfect for those who have sensitive eyes or wear contact lenses. It also comes in 4 shades that are very black, black brown, brown and smoke.
- Once you have the right eye liner, start from the top inside corner of your eye and gently drag your brush toward the outer corner of the eye staying along your lashline.
- One thing to remember when tracing the edges of your eyes is to try to follow along and maintain the natural shape of your eye. Don’t try to change the shape of your eyes with the liner in any way or you will end up making your eyes look smaller than they are.
- Now, when you first start off using liquid liner this next step may be tough but you will get better the more you practice. The trick for creating the perfect winged eyeliner look is to stay as close to the line of your lashes as possible. Remember that the harder you press on the brush, the thicker the line you will be creating so in order to create a thin even line, try to glide across the lash line as much as you can.
- The best way to work is to grab yourself a mirror that is hand free. Try to keep your eyes relaxed and open slightly as you go about drawing your line.
- One reason is is good to get fast drying eye liner is because once you have finished lining your eye, you need to stay still and not blink for anywhere from 10 to 15 seconds while it dries.
- The final step is to just make sure that both eyes are even. If you find that you have gone too thick on the one side, merely wet a pointed q-tip and drag it lightly across the area where there is too much to make it appear as even as the other side.
Those are the basic steps for how to create the winged liner look. It may take several attempts and many days of practice before you will feel as if this is something you can do with ease and become quicker each time. But the end result will be a beautiful looking eye that you will be proud to show off to others.