Mink eyelash extensions are usually not semi-permanent extensions that are bonded to eyelashes, but false eyelash strips that are made of real mink fur and extremely luxurious and rich-looking. Mink fur is expensive, of course, but since only relatively small amounts are need for mink lashes, you can buy mink fur lashes online for less than $50 fairly easily.
Because they are made of organic hair, mink eyelashes must be cared for extremely diligently to maximize the amount of times you can wear them. Generally, with proper care, you should expect to be able to reuse each pair around 20 times.
Applying mink eyelash extensions requires a steady hand and much patience. This article will provide a quick step-by-step guide to help you apply the extensions and leave your eyes looking gorgeous.
How to Apply Mink Eyelash Extensions
- First, be sure to start with clean eyelids. Remove any makeup already on your eyes with an oil-free makeup remover. The adhesive required for false lashes will not work with even a bit of oil on your eyelids.
- Next, choose a good adhesive that will not damage the mink hair. If you want a colored adhesive, make sure it matches your skin tone. Choose a light or dark adhesive depending on the tone of your skin. Or, you may opt to use just a clear glue, however, this kind of adhesive can sometimes reflect shine and appear fake. You want the most natural look possible.
- Next, have your application tools ready. Get your tools ready with a toothpick, tweezers, and some of the adhesive on a small piece of paper.
- After this, use the tweezers to pick up a small part of the mink eyelashes. Treat the lashes very carefully, since they are more delicate than synthetic lashes. Align the lashes as close to your natural lash line as possible
- Start with the inside corner of your eyelid. Press down firmly as you set the lashes upon your eyelid. It is very important for you to wait until the eyelash adhesive is completely dry before you let up the pressure (usually 30-45 seconds).
If you do make a mistake, eyelashes can be easily removed with the use of oil-based makeup remover. Simply apply makeup remover to your eyelid and the eyelashes will come off easily. Handle them gently once they are off to extend the lifespan of each set of mink lash extensions.
Ethical Concerns about Mink Fur?
Unlike mink coats, mink lash extensions can and should be harvested humanely, from gently brushing the live animals. No matter which type of mink lashes you buy, you should make sure the mink fur is humanely procured.
After applying the false eyelashes, there are ways to enhance the look of your new lashes. Try using an eyelash curler to make your lashes more stylish. Add a bit of liquid eyeliner to your upper lash line to hide the eyelash glue.